An individual therapist can be hard to find. It can be even harder to find a qualified, male therapist near DTC. Working with a male therapist can offer different perspectives from other therapists and assist with healing.
Male Perspectives on a Variety of Issues
Alike to other one on one therapists, there will be similar elements evident in our therapy sessions. These will include:
- Empathy – meeting you where you are at in life
- Non-judgmental – we all experience life differently
- Openness – life experiences are diverse, come as you are
- Support – no one has to do life alone
Additionally, working with a male therapist 1:1 can offer different perspectives related to:
- Relationship conflict – interpersonal challenges occur all the time in relationships
- Challenges with masculinity – our society can send difficult to discern messages related to what it’s like to be a man
- Stress in manhood – stress can negatively impact our qualityof life
- Challenges raising children – support raising children in a dynamic world
- Mentality and perspective taking – understanding others’ mentalities and expressing self in an assertive way
- Processing past trauma – working with a male therapist can help process trauma and heal the nervous system
Sense of Empathy From a Male’s Perspective
Working with a male therapist doesn’t mean there is a lack of empathy in individual sessions. On the contrary, being able to support someone who is ready to make needed changes in life can be a very aligning process. When both the person seeking therapy and the therapist are aligned, obstacles begin to fall by the wayside and healing is possible
Dealing with Emotions
Our society implicitly and explicitly tells us to continue forward without attending to our internal, mental health. We stuff these emotions down, and overtime, they can begin to spill out through implosion or explosion. This can create havoc in one’s life.
Healing Past Trauma
One important issue that is gaining attention in our society is the impact of trauma on life. Engaging in individual therapy can help to heal past traumatic experiences that occur throughout life. Finding a trained, trauma professional that can help heal these past experiences is a challenge. If you are looking for a trauma trained, individual therapist, the search can be even more difficult.
Transform Your Life with an Individual Male Therapist Near the Denver Tech Center
Finding a therapist near you that can meet your needs and has the training and experience is challenging. At Revitalize Mental Health PLLC, we are trained in:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy – ACT is great to build awareness of symptoms, defuse form stressors and mental health symptoms, and increase mindful living
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – CBT can support changing inaccurate thought patterns and engaging in behaviors that move your life in the direction you desire
- Cognitive Processing Therapy – CPT is designated for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy – EMDR therapy can support healing from various forms of stress, overwhelm, and trauma(s)
- Somatic Experiencing Therapy – SE is designed to ignite the body’s innate ability to regulate nervous system dysfunction and bring about peace in one’s life and body.