Depression and its symptoms can create vast challenges in life. Learning how to navigate depression is possible and the support of a mental health therapist can make this process even easier. Keep reading below to learning about depression symptoms and how therapy near you can be beneficial.
Symptoms of Depression
- Feelings of sadness, worthlessness, and/or hopelessness – these feelings persist throughout the weeks and sometimes months on end
- Losing pleasure in once pleasurable things – nothing seems to bring you joy or happiness any longer
- Nothing seems to maintain your interest – multiple interests come and go and nothing sticks
- Challenges with concentration and focus – even when you find things that interest you aren’t able to focus
- Negative thoughts about self – thoughts of being unworthy, undeserving, and unlovable
- Fatigue – no matter how much or little sleep is obtained there is no energy
- Sleeping too much or too little – no amounts seems to right
- Increases and/or decreases in appetite – hunger seems to have changes from usual baseline
- Isolation – relationships can suffer from low levels of communication and a lack of quality time
- Increase in self-harming or suicidal thoughts – feelings and thoughts of worthlessness can influence thoughts and actions that never occurred before
Depression’s Crippling Effects on Life
The symptoms mentioned in the above section can create challenges in multiple domains of a person’s life. From the difficulties with maintaining social connection with others to the fatigue making overall functionality a challenge in life. Suicidal and self-harming thoughts can contribute to issues with shame and guilt. In some cases, psychiatric hospitalization may be needed if symptoms become too severe. Depression symptoms can interfere with how a person’s lives their life.
Therapy for Depression
A depression therapist in South Denver will be able to support you in learning new skills to manage depression related symptoms when they arise. Additionally, the therapeutic interventions utilized in session will help increase an individual’s level of self-esteem, decrease self-harm and suicidal thoughts, help to establish meaning and purpose in life, and reconnect with yourself and others.
Depression Therapy in South Denver
Is depression running your life? If so, reaching out to a therapist for depression can be a great way to establish a sense of calm in your life. Click here to submit a form online or call us at 720.295.6703 to schedule a free consultation. We will ensure we are a great fit to support you and, if not, we will refer you to one of our trusted providers in the community.